Facts and Information about the Sac Spiders
Did you know the following facts about the arachnid commonly known as the Sac Spiders? Description and key features for spider Identification. The easy way to identify spiders!
Where does the Sac Spiders live, what is its habitat?
The Sac Spiders can be found in:
- Northern Europe
- North America
- They will often be found in homes crawling up walls.
- The Sac Spiders will build a silk sac or tube often within a leaf or anywhere safe such as under timber or logs, corners of walls and ceilings, they use their silk sac or tube as a daytime retreat as they hunt at night.
Sac Spiders identification - what does it look like?
The Yellow Sac Spiders ranges from a light yellow to a green yellow with an orange brown strip that runs down their abdomen sometimes. Their cephalothorax is normally an orange brown to red colour. They have a total of eight eyes all of a similar size arranged in two horizontal rows.
Is the Sac Spiders poisonous?
All types (except Uloboridae) are poisonous! The Sac Spiders is not deadly but can give a nasty and painful bite. Their venom can cause local cytotoxic and neurotoxic effects.
How big is the Sac Spiders?
The Sac Spiders can reach a length of 15mm
Does the Sac Spiders have good eyesight?
Generally speaking the Sac Spiders has good eyesight as they hunter for their prey rather than building a web to catch prey.
Facts and Information about the Sac Spiders
Did you know the following facts about the arachnid commonly known as the Sac Spiders?
- Fact One - The Sac Spiders is the most encountered spider in the United States.
- Fact Two - The Sac Spiders also contributes to most of the spider bites in the United States.
- Fact Three - Sac Spiderss hunt during the night.
- Fact Four - They move very fast through leaves and plants looking for prey.
- Fact Five - The Sac Spiders normally makes its way in to people homes in early autumn when food is scares.
- Fact Six - Female Sac Spiderss produce up to 5 egg sacks after matting.
- Fact Seven - Egg sacks may contain up to 48 eggs.
- Fact Eight - Sac Spiderss egg sacks are not a traditional ball like sac, instead they are more like a sheet, covered with silk.
- Fact Nine - The female will sometimes protect the egg sacs.
- Fact Ten - Eggs hatch normally in spring.
Classification of the Sac Spiders
Species of spiders are classified according to shared physical characteristics. Spider taxonomy is the science of finding, describing, classifying and naming organisms in a hierarchical system. This method of classification helps when a description of 40,000 spiders is required! The organization of living things have seven major categories: Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species. The classification of the Sac Spiders is as follows:
(Kingdom relates to the highest taxonomic group into which organisms are grouped; one of five biological categories: Monera or Protoctista or Plantae or Fungi or Animalia) :
(Phyla are groups of classes. A series of animals or plants genetically connected with shared characteristics. The second biggest grouping in taxonomy. Arthropoda are jointed-foot invertebrates: arachnids, crustaceans, insects etc
A Class is a taxonomic group containing one or more orders. Arachnid consist of any of the eight-legged creatures, including spiders and scorpions, of the class Arachnida
A taxonomic order, within the class Arachnida (spiders)
The Subclass is nother taxonomic category below a class and above an order which helps in the classification process
Another taxonomic category below an order and above a genus which helps in the classification process.
Another taxonomic category below a family and above the level of species which helps in the classification process.
Species: C. inclusum
Specis is a taxonomic group whose members can interbreed.
Spider Exterminators - Pest Control
Generally speaking, people do not like spiders especially Sac Spiders and most of all, do not want them in their homes! There are many forms of pest control and ways to exterminate spiders such as Sac Spiders. There are spider exterminators, services, spider zappers, spider traps, spider repeller, spider catchers, spider traps for the removal and extermination process. Advice is available on subjects such as pest controls, pest prevention, spider catchers, spider exterminators and how to kill spiders like Sac Spiders. Some people would like to eliminate spiders from there homes completely, this can be very difficult as an open window on a summers day will allow spiders in, even opening your front door when entering and leaving will allow pesky spiders in. It is very easy to get rid of Sac Spiders by catching them yourself. Its best not to kill spiders as they are very important in controlling the level of other insects that are pests.