Did You Know?
Did you know the following facts about mosquitoes?
- Fact One - There are about 2700 species of mosquito
- Fact Two - A mosquito can weigh between 2 and 2.5 milligrams
- Fact Three - A female mosquito can drink around 5-millionths of a litter of blood (Aedes aegypti)
- Fact Four - If you eat bananas, you are more likely to be bitten
- Fact Five - When there is a full moon, mosquito bites increase by 500 times
- Fact Six - Mosquito wings beat 500 times a second
- Fact Seven - The animal that is responsible for the most human deaths world wide is.......... the mosquito
- Fact Eight - Mosquitoes prefer children to adults
- Fact Nine - They dislike citronella as it irritates their feet
- Fact Ten - A mosquito can detect a moving target from 18 ft away
- Fact Eleven - A male mosquito lives between 10 and 20 days
- Fact Twelve - A female mosquito lives between 3 and 100 days
Facts and Info about Mosquitoes
We have provided many different articles containing facts and info about mosquitoes. Definitions and Descriptions with key features of what they look like including patterns and colors, what they eat, whether they are poisonous and dangerous, what regions they live in and their natural habitat. We have also provided the answers to the most common questions that people ask about mosquitoes such as:
- How many teeth does a mosquito have?
- What is the life expectancy of a mosquito?
- How do you get rid of a mosquito bite?
- Does global warming lead to longer mosquito seasons?
- Why do mosquito bites itch?
- What attracts mosquitoes?
- How long does a mosquito live?
- How long does it take a mosquito bite to heal?
- How to stop mosquito bites itching?
- How to treat mosquito bites?
- Do mosquito foggers work?
- How to prevent mosquito bites
- Can mosquitoes leave faeces on the skin?
- Scientific name for a mosquito?
- What do mosquito larvae eat?
- Can mosquito bites cause allergic reactions?
- Do mosquito traps work?